Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Child Height Predictor

Find out how tall your child will be at This calculator works for children age 2 and up.

Parents' heights are a good predictor of a child's adult height, but heredity only accounts for about 70% of what goes into deciding how tall someone will be. The other 30% comes from environmental factors, like eating habits (poor nutrition can "stunt" a child's growth) and exercise patterns (a competitive gymnast may not grow to her full potential).

Sometimes a child will surprise everyone and turn out much taller or shorter than either parent. This calculator can't account for that possibility. It also won't work well for children who 1) are exceptionally tall, 2) are already taller than both their parents, or 3) have a condition that affects their height, such as growth hormone deficiency.

No comments: