Monday, December 3, 2007

Spring Cleaning...Now?

I know it sounds crazy to recommend "Spring Cleaning" right before the holidays, but it may actually help to keep your sanity. I'm sure we're all in the same boat right now. Your kid/kids have way too many toys and don't play with half of them, and they are about to get more! Can you even begin to imagine where everything will go?

That's why it's time to do some early "spring cleaning" of the toy room, bedroom, family room, bathroom and everywhere else your kid has toys. I started out this morning with two empty Rubbermaid containers on hand to organize toys into a "give away box" and a "pack away box". It was harder than I thought it would be to pack some of the toys away and it didn't help when my son started to play with toys I thought would obviously go into the "pack away box," but overall the cleaning was very successful.

I realized that I need to do this more often. Jack actually started to play with toys that he hadn't seen in months (it was like Christmas a little early), but that also means you may decide this "Spring Cleaning" is best done during your child's nap time or when they are not in the room with you. I was able to pack away enough toys to feel ready to take on Christmas with the newfound space. Next, I need to tackle his clothes dresser too.

No comments: