Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Look Good In Pictures

I know I'm not the only one who did "photo shoots" with my son when he was a baby, because I see it on blogs all the time. We are all trying to get the perfect pictures of our babies. In fact, one of my favorite photos of our son was captured in one of my "photo shoots" that my mom and I set up at home. Jack was seven days old here and this photo became our birth announcement.

Since most of us aren't professional photographers, Nikon is offering a webisode series called Look Good In Pictures, which features Carson Kressley, the star of Lifetime’s How to Look Good Naked. Carson is in studio with Carrie Sandoval, an internationally recognized photographer (you'll see just how amazing she is!), to show us how to make everyone look their best in infant, pregnancy and family photos.

Carrie looks so at ease during the photo shoots and the babies do too. Watch the videos, take some notes and try to use the tips for the next photo shoot you have with your baby...because I'm sure you will have another shoot soon.

Below is their latest video on photographing newborns. This one stars a tiny 10-day-old baby.



This next webisode shows how to capture perfect pictures of tiny tots.



The final video below shows the increasingly popular trend of taking portraits during the final days of pregnancy.



What are you waiting for? Put these tips to use during your next photo shoot, so you can have the perfect picture for your blog header, birth announcement or first birthday party invitation.

No comments: