Thursday, February 26, 2009

3 Reasons Moms Are Addicted to the Internet

A friend and fellow baby blog addict, Bridget, came across this story "3 Reasons Moms Are Addicted to the Internet" and posted it on her facebook page. I knew it was one to share with the Baby Blog Addict community. Check it out...

Seeking information, community, and escape, new moms are spending more and more time on the web. How much is too much?

I was scrolling through family photos on my computer, admiring my two beautiful babies, when I spotted a disturbing trend: My laptop was open in almost all of the pictures. There's my daughter, at 8 months, playing at my feet while I typed away on the couch. There's me and my son, a year later, with the laptop at my side as I held him in my arms.

I'd heard about Internet addiction before, but always assumed it was something limited to socially challenged guys who played too much World of Warcraft. Now it seemed my Internet "habit" was slowly but surely crossing the line. Sometimes I found myself up into the wee hours of the morning, surfing the web while my family slept. I read the news, kept up with friends, and looked up answers to endless questions. I wrote my personal blog and read dozens of others, just for something to do.

It turns out I'm not the only mama who plugs in and zones out.

Read more...

No comments: