Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blog Hopping: Two in the Tub

By Jenny Herman
BBA Contributor

Lily, Addie, and I were all settled into the bath last night. It was so relaxing and warm. I washed Addie's head and scrubbed it with oil and a toothbrush to remove some dry skin. Addie loves the bath and it is so fun to see her in there. She can't get enough.

As I was washing Lily's hair, we smelled something a little funny. Then we saw it, poop floating. The jets were on, so it was circulating fast. I lifted Lily out of the tub to Lawrence, she started to cry hard because she wasn't ready to get out. Lawrence handed her a soap crayon and put her in the shower. He grabbed Addie out and sat her on the potty (as if she would POSSIBLY have any left), no more. He put her down and let her run to the shower. She left two poopy footprints behind. He got her all wiped up with a towel. This was early in the process and we were already in about 5 towels.

We've been needing to weed out some questionably sanitary bath toys, so this was the perfect chance. EVERYTHING goes, every cup, pitcher and boat. We have some boats we bought at the dollar store in 2004 when our niece Jayme was visiting. Gone. I got out and our luxury hot bath turned to rushed luke warm shower quicker than a flash. Well, quicker than the time it takes to make a hot pocket in the microwave.

Lawr cleaned the tub, but now we need to run the jets with disinfectant in the tub to make sure nothing got sucked up. Oh gross.

:: Send us your funny blog posts and video clips. Click here to find out how.

1 comment:

Diana and Fam said...

This is the whole reason I only take showers with my kids, if I am in a hurry otherwise I let them take their own bath. lol!