Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Who Knew? Shock and Awe Threes

By Jennifer
BabyBlogAddict.com

Who Knew that the terrible threes could be worse than the terrible twos. Our son just turned three last month and something happened. We felt pretty lucky to never really experience the "terrible twos." He had melt downs, but no real tantrums where he would throw himself on the floor and kick and scream.

Well that all changed in the past month. No one warned us before hand about the upcoming "Terrible Threes" or as one friend put it, "The Shock and Awe Threes."

Who Knew that this was coming? Well, now you know, so you can be prepared...unlike us.

Previous Posts:
:: Who Knew? Guck in Bath Toys
:: Who Knew? Toddlers Can Tell Time
:: Who Knew? Vertically Challenged Moms
:: Who Knew? Different Size Nipples

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew.

Three was bad. Four is worse.

Bridget said...

Yeah, Libby flipped that switch about a month before her 2nd birthday. I was warned when in line for pics with the Easter bunny this past March. A woman told me that the 2's were bad, the 3's were worse and then, at four, her daughter is starting to be "normal" again. eek! I think when I treat her like a big girl and give her a little room and a few choices in her day, she has a better day. And stick to your guns when it comes to bad behavior. She knows I don't tolerate the flailing fits... that means room or time out chair for cool down time. And she must use words and not whining. Otherwise I say, "too bad I cannot hear Libby. When she uses her words, I can help her." Usually she straightens up.

good luck! I am really hoping this isn't a two year process... but from what I hear, it's just begun. ;) By the time she's settled, Logan will be ready to start up. (sigh)