Thursday, June 28, 2007

Potty Training

I've heard that potty training can be one of the most challenging times of parenting.

On our forum Millers Mommy asks...
"I have a little boy that will be 3 in August and we are starting to potty train, and well it is not going well. Should I stop life until he gets this or just let it happen whenever? But the thing is, he has to be potty trained when he starts 3 year day school in the fall. Any help or suggestions is appreciated!!!! I am about to lose my mind!!!"

I'm not there yet with my 20-month old son, so I don't have any personal advice for her. According to babycenter, no magic age signals the ideal time to start the process of toilet training. Some children develop the necessary physical and cognitive skills as early as 18 to 24 months, whereas others aren't ready until they're 3 or 4 (boys are often slightly later than girls). Some children get the knack in a few short days, while it can take others a year or more. For more on this milestone from babycenter, click here.

Savvy-Baby-Gear also gives 8 tips on how to potty train.

Feel free to share your own tips and success stories with Millers Mommy on our forum.

No comments: