Sunday, July 15, 2007

Baby's First Memories

What is your earliest memory? Mine is playing with a car in my parents' living room with my grandmother looking on from the sofa. I was probably 4 or 5. I remember other things from pictures, so I'm not sure what's a real memory or a "Kodak memory." The editor of American Baby magazine says most adults suffer from "infant amnesia", meaning we don't usually remember much before age 3 or 4. But, even though adults don't remember infancy, infants themselves can remember things.

>> Video

1 comment:

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

I had a conversation with my Mom about our first house we lived in. I could tell her what it looked like and where rooms were positioned in it. She was amazed because we moved out of it when I was 14 months old and I've never seen any pictures... Other than that, I can't really pinpoint the earliest. I have a lot of them!