Friday, July 6, 2007

My Son Won't Feed Himself

Some kids refuse to be fed by you (they want to be independent), while others refuse to feed themselves.

On our forum, txthompsons asks for help...

"My son just turned one and absolutely refuses to put anything in his mouth--including food. I mean, he's never put toys in, things he finds on the floor--nothing. I need some advice on what I can do to get him to eat by himself. He does pick the food up, but he looks me dead in the eye and throws it on the floor, which I give him a big NO for doing. Things I've tried include...putting food in front of him every 45 minutes thinking he would eventually eat, putting food in his hand and guiding it to mouth, giving him things I normally wouldn't (like sweet snacks) to entice him. All result in screaming. Anyone have this issue?"

Any advice or tips for txthompson? Share it on our forum.

No comments: