Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Great Delurk 2007

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007
I came across "The Great Delurk" post while blog hopping and can't for the life of me retrace my steps to figure out what blog linked to it. Oh well, I thought it was an interesting personal take on the recent drop in blog comments across the board and a request to stop lurking and make a comment today, October 3rd, 2007. I got a good laugh out of it, because I've noticed the comment decline too on lots of the blogs that I check. I personally think the reason is that there are too many blogs to keep up with now. A year ago, you could comment on the five or six blogs you checked every day. Now, you're lucky if you get through your list of favorites once a week and don't have time to devote to comments on the ones that started it all.

Here's the beginning of the post from "Milk Money or Not Here I Come". Click here for the complete post. (Please excuse the mofo reference. I chose to leave it out of my post.)

While twittering a couple of days ago, Sweetney, Jenandtonic, and I lamented the recent drop in comments we have each had on our respective websites, and it seems that we are not the only ones who have noticed this. I have been up and down this internet over the last few weeks and found that there seems to be a drop in comments everywhere.

And I do mean everywhere. From small twenty-hits-a-day weblogs to ones that receive thousands of visitors before noon, people are falling silent when it comes to entering text into the small, white comment boxes, and quite frankly, no matter how many hits you get on any given day, it is a little disheartening to have your comments drop from three to one or from 500 to 250...

No comments: