Monday, October 22, 2007

My Favorite Parenting Tips

Yesterday, we featured the Top 10 Parenting Tips submitted by fellow baby blog addicts. Well, here are two of my favorite parenting tips to pass along as well.

1. Watch the DVD or read the book, Happiest Baby on the Block. I already posted about this back in May. Dr. Harvey Karp is a genius.

2. Have your baby's foot sized before you put on their first pair of real shoes and then every three months after that. My son had gone barefoot his whole life and learned to walk barefoot, so when I finally decided to try out some shoes that he recieved as a gift, he couldn't walk. I thought he was just having problems walking in shoes, but they were just too small. They were a size 3 1/2 shoe, but later that week, he was sized at a 5 1/2! Poor thing. He was a pro once he was wearing the right size.

Unfortunately, I didn't pass the advice on to my sister quickly enough and she did the same thing with her daughter four months later.

It's our mission now to pass on this parenting tip to others, so their kids don't have to suffer through mis-sized shoes too!

No comments: