Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dad's Diary: First Tent

By Scott
BabyBlogAddict.com

I made a tent tonight for the first time in decades. My cousin and I used to make them all the time and they would stretch wall-to-wall across his room. It was quite a sight to behold.

Tonight's tent -- Jack's first -- was contructed quickly and with limited supplies but, to him, it was like the Taj Mahal. He doesn't know that it could be better and he doesn't care. All he knows is that he can climb inside, pile things in there with him and call it his own. It's his sanctuary and he's the boss.


In my mind there are very few things better than seeing a child's excited eyes light up when they're exposed to new, exciting things.

Something as simple as grabbing two blankets and a couple of chairs quickly reminded me what being a father is all about. It's just a tent, but it connected my childhood to his.

No comments: