Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who Knew? Guck in Tub Toys

By Jennifer
BabyBlogAddict.com

Who Knew that tub toys would harbor guck (defined as "oozy sloppy dirt or debris" by Merriam-Webster). I guess I didn't realize that the rubber ducky and little rubber fish that my son played with in the bathtub were collecting water through little tiny holes and growing guck inside.

I thought that if I just squirted out the excess water after bathtime, it would be ok. But it's not! My son freaked out when he saw the little flecks of guck that flew out of the rubber ducky's mouth when all I was trying to do was make him giggle. Needless to say, that was a very quick bath and the poor rubber ducky went to rubber ducky heaven that night.

I thought I was the only neglectful parent until I read about the exact same thing on another blog. It's good to know I'm not alone in the guck department.

Who knew that you had to clean those little suckers out? Now, you know. Please feel free to share your own tips about how you clean your baby's bath toys to keep them guck-free.

Previous Posts:
:: Who Knew? Toddlers Can Tell Time
:: Who Knew? Vertically Challenged Moms
:: Who Knew? Different Size Nipples

1 comment:

Bridget said...

You know, I have a couple of rubber duckies with no holes. But they are not as fun as the squirty ones. I usually clean all of the bath toys with vinegar and HOT water. I fill the kitchen sink with the combo and let them soak a bit. I make sure to get some inside the toys too. Then rinse and squirt out the excess water.