Monday, August 25, 2008

Blog: Toddler Meal Times

Whose toddler hasn't given them fits at dinner time? Take a look at this excerpt from a blog post on Kids Dish:

"The meals are totally a toddler control thing. He’ll eat what he wants when he wants and there’s really nothing I can do about it. He currently gravitates to the white foods (pasta, crackers, etc which drives me insane) and fruit. I make sure I always have something he’s likely to eat on his plate at meals along with whatever we’re eating. I give him a ton of options- small amounts of everything- so he’ll at least eat something and ask for more of whatever strikes his fancy. I figure as long as he eats protein, fruits, vegetables, and dairy over the course of a week it’s fine. If we get halfway through a week and I realize he hasn’t eaten any dairy I’ll start pushing ice cream or chocolate milk."

Continued...

No comments: