Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not Fans of Naming Babies After Olympians

Last week we posed the question, "Would you consider naming your baby after an Olympic Champion like 'Phelps'?" and we asked you to cast your vote in our poll. Here are the results:


Yes - 21%

No - 79%

Red Cup Mom said...
This is hilarious! Phelps as a first name. I am sure I will meet one next year.

Beth Ewing said...
Although I'm very proud of Michael Phelps and all the American athletes, this might be taking it a bit too far. Of course with some of names we see in hollywood, goldmedal and threemedals won't be that weird.

Audrey said...
Well, as a daughter with the name Kerrigan, I thought I better chime in. Although we most definitely didn't name her after Nancy, I can see some people doing that. I love your blog btw!

Stoots Family said...
While my husband & I named our son "Myles" because we both are runners and were engaged during a 7 mile run, I don't think I would go as far as naming my child after an Olympic athlete!

Thanks to everyone who shared their opinions.

No comments: