Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Downside to Baby Blogging

As Baby Bloggers (and Baby Blog Addicts) we put a lot of information out into cyberspace. People we don't even know read our blogs and know our whole story. Who hasn't stumbled upon a new, random blog - maybe a friend of a friend's friend - and zipped back to the beginning to get all the background information? Most people are harmless. Others may have agendas. A column in today's Wall Street Journal tackles the topic of privacy and the downside to blogging about your child.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

My husband made our blog private. He became concerned when we read reports of people being harassed. We have gotten 2 or 3 random comments over the last 3 1/2 years of blogging, but nothing bad. I was kind of sad to make it private. Heck, I love bragging about my kids! And there are older relatives who live away who did not want to register with google. It upset them that we made it private. I don't know... I'd probably still have it public if my husband didn't care one way or another. ???