Monday, July 28, 2008

Quad Q&A: "Your Own Show?" and
"Most Embarrassing Moment?"

Here's Part 3 of our Q&A with the Quad Moms. Click here if you missed Part 1 and Part 2.

5. A blog is one thing, but would you ever allow cameras into your house to tape you every day for a show like "Jon and Kate Plus 8"?

  • Suz Steece - that's a tough one. i immediately think, NO WAY. but then i remember what kate said about how all of these wonderful moments are captured on video--video that she would not have the time or effort to put together herself! so, i dunno....it would definitely be one of those things that i would have to assess every tiny detail and pray over like crazy! ultimately, it would come down to what is best for our family.
  • Jen Murray - Funny you asked, since we were just "approached" with the idea, but no, I don't think so....Our lives are already a sitcom.
  • Gen McNulty - Good question. I don't know. We've been on TV a lot in our area. It's fun to have that on tape for the kids. I don't think we would ever do anything that invasive, though.
  • Mari Goerlich - Cameras would be totally different. I don't have to be sure I'm out of my jammies at 2 pm in the afternoon if I'm blogging.
6. What's your most embarrassing "quad moment?"

  • Suz - hmm...the first thing that comes to my mind is when i'm in the NICU, doing several camera interviews (i think i sound like a hill-billy texan...and joe likes to make fun of my twangy accent!) and i am telling one camera crew about the birth order....and i say so matter-of-factly: "drew was born first, then BEN, then ethan, and then SAVANNAH" WHICH IS TOTALLY WRONG! i didn't even catch it until that night when i was watching it on the news! i felt so stupid! i'm sure the nurses were all laughing at me....thinking: what a good mom! ha.
  • Jen - PREGNANCY : There is no modesty in a multiple pregnancy experience!
  • Gen - Oh, let me count the ways... It's hard to say one for sure. The first flight we took with them was pretty humbling. Nothing like the looks on the faces of people when we got on the plane with 4 screaming kids....
  • Mari - A lady and her daughter sat in their car next to me at a Target parking lot watching me load babies into the car in the 100 degree Houston heat. Of course I blogged about it - you can read that one here.

Don't miss today's giveaway for shooshoos below. More from our interview with the quad moms tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No comments: